Southeast PAC Members’ Introductions
In October 2012, I began working for The Salvation Army, Idaho Falls as the Social Services Director. Serving Idaho Falls and the surrounding counties then became my passion. In January 2018, I began a new journey with the Community Food Basket – Idaho Falls. This great organization serves more than 1,000 families per month with 4 days’ worth of nutritious emergency food. Every day I strive to continue gaining knowledge about the needs of the population in East Idaho. Community Food Basket has a pantry that is open 5 days a week to serve those in need. Our hope is that we are providing enough food to carry an individual or family through the rough times life can throw at us. The Community Food Basket is committed to serving clients through assistance, education, and referral in an effort to build strong relationships between communities and to promote a happy, healthy lifestyle.
Through my participation in the PAC I hope to be able to continue my educational journey. I hope to take the knowledge I obtain, the resources I discover, and the connections I make to the communities we serve. My hope is that area agencies can continue to work together toward ending hunger, problem solving, and serving as many people as we are able in the best way that we can, which is together.
Agencies Represented by Ariel Jackson
- Ashton Senior Citizens
- Calvary Chapel of Salmon
- Community Council of Idaho-Idaho Falls
- Community Food Basket-Idaho Falls
- Cornerstone Pentecostal Church
- EICAP-Challis Food Bank
- ICAP- Rexford Food Bank
- Family Crisis Center
- Idaho Falls Hispanic Foursquare Church
- Mud Lake Food Pantry
- North Fremont Food Pantry-Island Park Branch
- Salmon Assembly of God
- Salmon Senior Citizens Nutrition
- South Fremont Senior Citizens Inc
- St. Vincent de Paul-Idaho Falls
- Teton Valley Food Pantry
- The Salvation Army-Idaho Falls
- The Soup Kitchen
- Upper Valley Bible Church Food Pantry
Sister Mary Coleman Pyle
855 S 2nd Ave
Pocatello ID, 83201
The Food Pantry has been part of the Idaho Foodbank network since June of 2010. We operate Client Choice style pantry which allows our clients to select foods that fit their particular family needs as opposed to filling a box with items we ‘hope’ they will eat. Our goal is multi-faceted: feed the hungry, offer opportunities to improve simple skills (Cooking Matters, Financial Peace Univ.), and assist with building solid family values through a variety of teaching opportunities.
I have been an active part of the process since arriving at First Baptist in 2001. I have been involved in a wide variety of benevolence ministries throughout my ministry both in Pocatello and in Los Angeles. I joined the PAC in fall of 2012 and serve the Southeast Idaho region, covering 18 partner agencies. My goal for serving the PAC is to improve communication throughout our Partner network, assist those agencies in improving not only their operation but the service they offer their clients, and see more agencies in surrounding areas join the network.
Agencies Represented by Sister Mary Coleman Pyle
- Family Service Alliance of Southeast Idaho (ES)
- First Baptist Church of Pocatello
- Gate City Christian Church
- God’s Home of Compassion
- My Brother’s Table
- Our Gathering Place
- Pocatello First United Methodist Church
- Power County Senior Citizens Inc
- Preston Community Food Pantry
- St. Vincent de Paul-Pocatello
- The Salvation Army-Pocatello
- Willow Bay Baptist Church
I came to work at the Bingham County Senior Citizens Center in January of 2012. At that time we were doing an in house lunch program Mon-Friday and Meals on Wheels 7 days per week. We deliver about 20,000 meals per year and our volunteers travel over 25,000 miles to deliver those meals. Our in house program serves approximately 19,000 meals per year. During the second half of 2012 we opened a community food pantry here at the center in cooperation with the Idaho Food Bank. Since that time we have distributed over 300,000 pounds of food in our community.
I recently was asked to join the Southeast Idaho region of PAC and represent 16 agencies, in this area. I am really looking forward to visiting with these agencies and see what services each of them offer our residents. My hope with joining PAC is to facilitate communication between the partnering agencies and The Idaho Food Bank. I will strive to help resolve issues or problems that arise for these agencies that may be preventing them from distributing the amount of food needed in their communities. I will be on the lookout for other agencies in our area who would benefit by becoming a partner.
Agencies Represented by Pam Beus
- Aberdeen Community Foodbank
- Aberdeen Senior Citizens of Bingham County
- Bear Lake Senior Center
- Bingham County Senior Citizens, Inc.
- Blackfoot Community Center
- Community Council of Idaho-Blackfoot
- Community Dinner Table
- Fort Hall Assembly of God
- Lost River Senior Citizens Inc
- Mackay Food Pantry
- Marsh Valley Senior Center
- North Bingham County Community Food Bank
- Rigby Area Senior Citizens Inc.
- Ririe Area Senior Citizens Inc.
- Senior Citizens Community Center Inc