Agency University is an educational program of The Idaho Foodbank (IFB) that provides education and resources to its Partner Agencies. Through the courses offered online, Partner Agencies will learn valuable capacity building skills in various areas of non-profit development, empowering agencies to grow, and feeding more hungry Idahoans.
Agency University courses are designed to present valuable information in a realistic and accessible way. The skills you develop include anything from Volunteer Retention, to Fundraising Strategies and Food Pantry Basics.
Agency University is a free educational program that will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience.
If you have any questions please contact the Agency Relations department: email@example.com
Tips to Finding Grants that Fit Your Needs
Search Locally: Research Foundations, Businesses, and your City Hall’s website for grants that support your specific community.
Use Keywords: When you are searching for grants, use keywords that fit the project that you need. (ex. Hunger Relief, Sustaining Community, Idaho, Nonprofit)
If you think you’ve found a grant that fits your needs, make sure you qualify for that grant. Some funders want to give funds to only 501 (c) (3) organizations, so if you are a religious organization without a 501 (c) (3), call the organization to see if they will make an exception.
Also, understand how the funder prioritizes its interests. For example, the funder may only be interested in awarding money to projects that support educational programs for children in Northern Idaho. Research the funder’s organization; look into past organizations who have been awarded money by this funder, and see if your agency and project is similar to those organizations’.
Understand the application’s requirements and the deadline.
Websites to Find Grants
Here are a few websites to get you started on your search! Remember to read all details, not all of these will apply to your agency and your project.
- The Idaho Food Bank Fund
- Idaho Community Foundation Grant
- Idaho Nonprofit Center’s List of Grants
- Fundsnet Services’s List of Grants
- Idaho Grant Watch’s List of Grants
- Idaho Commerce’s List of Grants
- AARP Foundation- Grants Intended for Senior Programs
- Blue Cross of Idaho- Grant Intended to Improve Health Conditions for Children (Increase Access to Healthy, Affordable Food)
- Union Pacific Foundation- Community Based Grant (Awarded to Community that must be Served by Union Pacific Railroad)
- Northwest Farm Credit Services- Rural Community Grant Program
- CHC Foundation- Grant Intended for Only North-Eastern Idaho 501 (c) (3) Organizations
- The Laura Moore Cunningham Foundation- Grant Primarily Awarded for Educational Programs (Ex. Job Training/ Nutritional Education)
- Walmart Foundation: Community Grant Program
- The Ford Motor Company Fund
- Zions Bank: Community Grant Program (Must be an Organization in a Community with a Zions Bank)
Websites to Research Funders
- Guide Star
- Foundation Directory (Full Online Version is Free at Boise’s, Idaho Falls’s, & Lewiston’s Public Library)
This webinar video was created by the Corporation for National & Community Services. The intended audience for this video is AmeriCorps Vistas. However, this video provides excellent content that may help you in your grant writing endeavors.
* Vista Blend Courses mentioned in this video are only for AmeriCorps Vistas.